In this recipe we use only the tenderest nettle shoots of spring. A classic accompaniment to this soup would be boiled or poached eggs.
- Boil the stock together with the nettles. Finely chop the chilli.
- Blend with a stick blender, adding the cream, fennel seeds and chilli. Garnish with shredded chives.
4 portions or 50 portions
- 100g or 1.2kg nettle leaves
- 600ml or 7.5 litres vegetable stock
- 100ml or 1.2 litres whipping cream
- 1 pinch or 50ml fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons or 300ml finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon or 2 finely chopped chilli/es
- Salt and pepper